7390 Colerain Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45239
CATEGORIES & HEADINGSdetails >>
William Leonard Clippard, Jr. founded Clippard Instrument Laboratory in 1941, (Inc., 1946). The initial product line consisted of electrical test equipment, magnetic windings, and radio frequency coils. The first miniature fluid power devices designed and built by Clippard were for use in the manufacture of this equipment. In the early 1950's, Clippard introduced Minimatic® components as a new product line. The need for miniature pneumatics was widespread, and since no such products had been previously available, the Minimatic® line was successful enough to become Clippard's primary product line. Until his retirement in 1977, Leonard Clippard continued to be a pioneer in miniature pneumatics.